Monday, July 19, 2010

It's been a week since returning.

Having been home a week I am finally able to digest some of what we did while attending the Columbia Teachers Reading and Writing Project. As I read back through my notes I feel so fortunate to have been in front of the "Best of the Best" educators in the reading and writing field. I have been rereading kathy Collins book "Growing Readers", as so much in the text means more - now that I have had her as an instructor! I have been blocking out my first few weeks of school and feel confident that this will be a success. My biggest frustration is I need to get into my classroom to start leveling my books. This will be a huge undertaking and I need more than a few days to do that! I would like to invite our peers who did not attend to become part of our blog so they can share in our excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment